Saturday, October 13, 2007

Defining Cheating

There's gonna be a stag night tonight! I know Jules is looking forward to it coz it's gathering of all his closest friends! After a couple of hours at the Interior Designers sorting out materials, colours and concept, we were having a beer (yes, beer again) and he was recapping how he met all these individuals. Yes, I have definitely heard these stories before, but it was his night of nostalgia.

We started talking about the actual plans for his stag night, and whether it was going to be "clean" or "sleazy"... since "K" is the one planning the night... haha, there was only one logical conclusion. And so the conversation went:

Me: aren't you afraid that I'm gonna complain?
Him: but I'm telling you about it, so it's okay. And it's a stag night, so it's allowed
Me: hmmm... I suppose so... as long as there's no home run
Him: there should never be any home runs.
Me: then how come I'm not allowed to have a sleazy party?
Him: sure you can, as long as you tell me about it.

On the way home, I was just thinking... guys and gals are really quite different yeah? To Jules, it was quite natural that liberties are okay as long as (a) it's a stag night, (b) he's been frank about it. However, when we had this other conversation about liking two people at the same time, even if there was no physical intimacy, he was quite certain that it was "the wrong thing".

As I grow older, am not so sure how I feel about it already... is it worse to develop feelings for another, or is it worse to be intimate with someone else? Ponder Ponder.

One thing I am sure of though... stag nights are definitely permitted to be a little rowdy (or raunchy)... the usual rules don't apply (just no home runs) :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just felt like I had to comment. Heh

I think it's definitely possible to like 2 persons at the same time. I've been guilty of it..heh. But feelings can be suppressed and forgotten from time to time if we make the effort not to meet up and remove things that remind us of the other person. Being intimate thou, is something that's irreversible, and can never be erased. Think it's definitely worse.

Anyway, CONGRATS ON THE BIG DAY!!!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home