Friday, October 12, 2007

My 24hour Party

And they beat me to it again... two little chicks have managed to post their thoughts about our little party before I did. I really think the two of you are addicted to the internet.

Well, before I start getting all meticulous and detailed (two must have traits when finding a job), I guess I just wanna say that I really had a good time. How not to? Especially when a whole group of close friends either (a) took an entire day off to spend time with you; (b) turned up at work looking out-of-love and zombified. Just thinking of it makes my heart go warm and fuzzy, and makes my head big. *big smiles*

The build up to the day was all a-flurry... I had a zillion things left undone at work, and for the millionth time this month ended up lunching in. After repeated errors / confusion with a particular "silverware" shop, I finally had my little momentos for the gang nicely packed, complete with individual "love letters". (By the way, I have confirmed it, it's ladybird in British English... you know, ladybird books?; and ladybugs in north american english)

The gang had actually thought through the plans very carefully indeed... and the schedule was:
  • Dinner at Nanjya Monjya
  • Mambo night at Zouk
  • A night's sleep at Swissotel the Stamford!

Dinner was a really pleasant affair although L could not make it, and PR had to eat cold leftovers. I still really dig the restaurant and forsee myself making repeated (and I mean repeated) visits to this place... Did not bring my camera though... so can't post pics of the yummy food. Hmmm...

Zouk was really quite hilarious. For the first time in my life, I turned up at 8pm (just before we had dinner) in an attempt to get a chop. We soon found out that it doesn't even open till 9pm, and that ladies now enter free on Wednesdays! I really cannot remember when was the last time I went to Mambo...

Spent the next few hours initiating PR to Zouk (can you believe that the gal is a Zouk virgin?), trying to drink a couple of drinks (after last Friday I am really afraid of alcohol), and looking at the young trying to jiggle to tunes made famous many many years ago. Think Zouk has always and will always be a very special place for me. It's one of those places where at every little corner, some memories will surface. As with all memories, there will be good ones and bad... but in a way, it's a place that has actually tracked my growth over the past 10 years? The funny thing is, am sure that many of my friends will actually share the same sentiments. After all, there was only 1 place to be back then. MT and the old tortoise joined us for the night out... It felt really good to be out with so many friends. :)

Think that alot has changed since my last visit there... definitely no more VIP treatment for me *sobs* even the trusty bartenders and bouncers have changed! Yet so many things look and feel familiar. Took a little trip down memory lane by myself... starting from my fav spot by the bar counter, into phuture, to velvet... and walking down to the waterfront. Think that it was the first time I was standing by the water alone... *grin* Funnily enough, I can remember all the times that I was by the waterfront very clearly indeed. Noted all the drunken couples stealing a quiet moment, and the really comatose ones collapsing on the floor in a bid to sober up, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Am sure the gang felt that I was a spoilsport that night, but I really wasn't in the mood for drinking. Nevertheless, they managed to haggle me into getting up on the podium, where I sashayed for all of 20 minutes before escaping. :) L, S and my little sis continued right on for the majority of the night. Think they are just naturals...

Think the highlight of the night was my little sis. I have never ever seen her in her element... and boy was she hot. The little (ok, not so little) gal can really dance. I think there were certain members of my group who were having heart palpitations and guilt attacks at the same time... (you know, the "hot gal" should look, oh crap! cannot look, it's the baby sis feeling). Truth to be told, seeing her all grown up made me feel really old. But I am glad she had fun mixing with us old ones... I know she definitely liked the dinner and the hotel room

Coz we were so well behaved the night before, the next day started really early for us... breakfast at Ya Kun in Raffles City in our T-shirts, shorts and slippers on a working morning! Boy did we stand out! I felt like I was in university again *grin*. The day was spent lazing around... swimming at the pool, late lunch, coffee and karaokae (with many many wang lee hom clips... he's so cute!)

All in all, it was alot of fun... unfortunately, not sure when we can ever do this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home