Friday, September 07, 2007

Being affected

It's funny how we are always affected by the opinion of others.

Collected my wedding pictures just the other day. Must say that I was rather excited about seeing them... after all, how often do I dress up and take pics! When Jules and I first saw the pics, we noted the usual flaws... dress not fitting, crow feet showing, etc... but I think we were pleased, or at least I was. :)

Then I brought the photos home and showed them to my mum... hiaz, she did not come out right to say that they weren't pretty... but it was evident on her face. Implicit in all that was the "you cannot even take your wedding pictures properly"... in other words, I have failed again.

Maybe all these years should have taught me something, but I confess that I ended up being disappointed in myself again. So much so that I told Jules something along the lines of "dear, maybe we should not display our wedding photos at our wedding". His reaction was quite funny :) but yes, I think he was surprised. Truth to speak, so was I... never really thought that I would still want my mum's approval this badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home