Sunday, October 07, 2007

Bizarre Night

It's weird how things kinda fall into place totally on it's own. Have not been a clubbing person in the longest time... actually since L and I have stopped trying to drink ourselves silly many years back. Friday nights were more or less just chill time with the gang. Then a few months back, I started having to spend more and more Fridays with Jules, settling some stuff or other. Little by little, the gang stopped asking me out on Fridays, and everyone proceeded with his / her own plan.

Lately, with Jap lessons, I ended up being in office alot more often in the past... and started hanging out with the people in office... that led to drinking, and yes, clubbing... with people that I don't know at all, partner's. Then came S's farewell party at Butter Factory (it was my first time there!), and I felt so weird... it's been such a long time since I had to put on anything remotely "dressed up". Hee...

This Friday was another one of those weird episodes. Had nothing to do after work since Jules was having drinks with his colleagues. The colleagues offered to take me out, since as per Belle "we know you are unwanted on Fridays"... haha... I really should not have told her that two weeks ago. About the same time, T asked if I would like to hang out with some of his friends since he was going to show some of them around Singapore. Not wanting to spend Friday night bitching about work... I said yes.

Must say it turned out to be a really weird night (2 Singaporeans - T and me, 1 Australian - Cam, 2 Londoners - Lou and Iss, and 1 ?? nationality - HH)... went down to Newton for dinner, then headed down to St James since it was HH's birthday. The idea was to ensure that HH would be sufficiently sloshed.

Must say that on Friday I kinda experienced Singapore in another way... from an expateraite's point of view I suppose... and I finally realised why some of our "whiter foreign talent" loves being in Singapore. They really do enjoy better than normal service, and have also come to expect this better than normal treatment. The night did not really end too way as Cam was really misbehaving, HH was really very sloshed... and I actually started wondering how local gals are viewed by the expat community. I ended the night with mixed feelings with regards to the people that I was mixing with... But nevertheless... it was an interesting night out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home