Saturday, February 18, 2006

Playing hard to get

A couple of recent conversations and with friends and a certain encounter with a colleague prompted this blog... was just having a chit chat about past relationships and it just appeared that in every relationship, one party just has to "foot in more". How do I interpret that? Essentially, a relationship establishes it's own equilibrium else the relationship will just not take off. However, in very few rare instances would a relationship reach equilibrium at the 50-50 mark. More often, if you carried out a survey, there would be a party that loves more, sacrifices more, etc. Interesting, isn't it, that we than call this state equilibrium. :)

Of course, the second part of the conversation than went on to the fact that one tends to only like what one can't get. This is really a human trend... for some reason or other, one likes the unattainable. If a girl or guy comes on to you too strongly, the tendancy is for you, despite any initial attraction, to shrink away. However, in the event that you only get a lukewarm response, you interest would be sparked. What is wrong with us humans... do we just like being tortured?

I've always thought that the most successful "players" that I've met are those who have had a good grasp of judging when to seize or desist. Think there is a good reason why playing the field is often referred to as "fishing" as well. A sound understanding of when to play hard to get, and when to pursue often results in catching the fish. Funny thing is, I think most gals I know do realize that this is but a technique, but often enough, we find ourselves being baited.

Had one of these experiences lately, when I witnessed someone practicing this technique. Was interesting to observe, and I cannot help but think that some guys are just naturals at this craft. Over the course of my work life (it just feels so long), seen a few cases of true naturals, and I cannot help but wonder what spurs them on. Is the thrill of the hunt that enticing? Oh well, to each his own. For me... it works well as long as I am not the prey.

Oh... footnote... finally posted the pics of the dive log I drew! Just love the little gal on the cover...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home