Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My colleagues are dropping like flies

Had this really long post that I was formulating for the past few days, but have kinda lost steam and so it is now on the shelf of oblivion. Mayhaps I'll come back to it someday... but for now...

For those who have not heard, the past few days in my department have been drama filled. In the last week, there have been a total of four resignations, out of my department of 12 people currently. And... my boss and my support staff are numbering in those statistics... what does this mean for me? A whole lot of work I guess...

For some reason or other, the work load in this department has always been skewed. It appears as though the department has always been divided into two groups: those that can only do specific work as specified in the job description, and those that can have endless work heaped onto them. No guesses then which category the resignations came from. Thus, although the resignations should only count for a third of the workforce, in actual fact, I think our staff strength has been halved.

What can I say... this actual links back to that incomplete post of mine... still think that to a certain extent all these resignations can be controlled, if only the people on top actually feel that there is a need to do something about it... but I guess they don't... and why so? Because small fries are always dispensible... *sighs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home