Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chinese New Year is kinda special to me

So... four days really just passed by in a flash. And despite being kinda sick (am still coughing), I did manage to meet up with alot of people, attend many a gathering... and yes, ate quite a bit of pineapple tarts (I can't help it!!!) I think that one of the biggest differences this year for me was the number of friend's places that I visited. In the past, CNY was "family time"... it was visiting grandparents, parent's friends, and on occassion dad's clients, so on and so forth. This year, well... I did my fair share of visiting too! Kinda cool... now my friends have houses of their own too! And it was nice seeing how everyone decorated their little nest... and to sample a certain steamboat prepared by a certain individual and her hubby. :)

Anyways, CNY in a way marks an anniversary for me. For some reason or other, mayhaps because of the barrage of family commitment, it has always been a more emotionally taxing period for me, as it really does test my ability to plan my time around family and friends. For me, this period a few years ago was when I started a new stage of life I suppose. Wonder how many reading this remembers that I was almost kicked out of the house on one particular CNY eve, all because I wanted to go out for two hours to settle some personal matters. Well, must admit that these few days, had a lot of old memories coming back to me... some good, some bad. Things that I have tucked away at the back of my mind, locked away. Quite overwhelming really... and so yeah, had a mini breakdown the other night. Once again, a special someone was there, listening to me, and I guess... making me appreciate his presence.

End of it all... that particular CNY was when I started trying to handle my life a different way... picking up the little pieces, and slowly trying to build my little life back. Occassionally, there are hiccups, and I take a few steps backwards, but I do think that after all this time, there has been some improvement. In a way, at least now I am willing to think about the past, and do a postmoterm of what I have done?

So what brought on this spate of rambling? Well, it appears as though a good friend of mine is coming to a crossroads with regards to her relationship. Guess all I wanted to say to her is, yes girl, I think I do understand why you are clinging on. However, I really do think that at some point you need to figure out what you want in life. We can't all be superwomen, and it is not possible to want everything. You will be surprised how things are alot clearer once you've set yourself a direction...

Oh yeah... that little project of mine... it's gonna be a rush trying to finish it! Die!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home