Thursday, February 23, 2006

All is Revealed

Hee... yes, time to tell all... well, actually... it's simply that I've tendered my resignation. :) So yes, as of 20th March, I'm free! from this stifling place. No more little squabbles over which of my job responsibilities are more important, etc, etc. Have had the chance to be in discussions with various places in the past two months or so, and yuppers... have landed myself a job. New job is quite unknown to me really, and hopefully, this will be my last foray into the wilderness. But well, all in, think there is a high chance I will learn alot from my new place.

Actually think that parents should really choose to let kids study subjects where their interests lie. For me, accounts was my parents choice... not mine. And I grew up to be such a non typical accountant. From my mum's point of view, she always felt that my departure from the sterotype would be my competitive advantage... however, in this job, I've really felt that it caused various biasness against me.

So well, cannot say that I've not learnt anything during my sojourn here. I think I've achieved little bits and pieces. To all of my "young" friends who have just entered the work force and think that they are wasting their time in this company. Seriously, I do not think that any experience in your life would be a waste of time. Mayhaps, you are not currently value adding to your resume, but, with each job, you will have learnt at least something about a work environment and your own skills and limitations. At the end of the day, to be successful in your future life, technical knowledge is only a component to success... other fundamentals such as human to human relationships may matter more. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home