Sunday, May 25, 2008


Sydney Opera House


Sydney Harbour Bridge





You know it's chinatown... when there's a chinese church service





Frr showing off my greedy buys from Chinatown - Paddy's Market



Old Buildings mixed with new ones... opposite Woolworth's





Paddington Market... and all the yummy food





The Rocks Market... so near the office!



Circular Quay... where I went jetboating





Tea selection... from the comfort of my room


My comfy comfy bed... *yawns*



So I'm sitting in my hotel in Sydney with a glass of wine in front of me, wondering what in my entire lists of things I wanna write about. Had a couple of entries from my Bali trip, but am too lazy to type it out. It's been a long time in blogging coz I just have not had the time. Find it quite hard to believe that it has only been a short 3 weeks in my job, and in some ways, I feel as though I've done like everything already, not to mention, been around in more countries than I ever wanted to see in a month.

Sydney... last visit here was 10 years back, with the parents. On a whim two weeks back, I decided to search for a friend on Facebook, A... last time I met her? Sydney, 10 years back. Met her for coffee today, and it's really nice when two peeps who have not seen / communicated with each other for 10 years could just sit down and chat for hours. If only relationships could be so easy as well. We talked about all the different big events that have happened from then till now... jobs, family and yes, relationships. About bad break ups, being single, and finding the right person. Was really glad to have met her again... we'll be going for dinner on Thurs... this time round, really hope that we'll be able to keep in contact!

Sydney 10 years on made me fall in love. I remember feeling as though this city was like Singapore the last time I was here. This time round, I began to take in all the old buildings blending in with the new, and appreciate the Rocks for all its rustic charm. Tired as I was, I still made it a point to just walk around and cover as much as I could in spite of the cold and my wind chaffed face. There's this little bit of London in this place... could not help but wish I had someone to share all this with. Visited Paddington, Rocks and Paddy's markets this weekend. And although I was too "poor" to buy much (Aussie prices + horrible conversion rendering everything unaffordable), I enjoyed walking around, and I am now so tempted to buy all the accessories here!!! All the mother of pearl / italian glass / hand painted homemade glass and *gasp* even sterling silver pieces are just so pretty! Am so wishing that the exchange rates are 1:1 again. Walking along Circular Quay, decided to go jet boating... yes, in Winter! Came out royally soaked and freezing cold, not to mentioned stared at by everyone for being dripping wet, but I must say I really enjoyed myself! The adrenaline rush was great. A very nice bus driver did not even give me a quizical look as I hopped onto the bus and asked to be dropped at the hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home