Sunday, April 06, 2008

A little Bohemian Rhapsody

Went on a date with my daddy tonight... watched We Will Rock You at the Esplanade! Now my head is filled with all the songs from the musical!!!

Wanted to watch it the moment I received the mailer months back... but... I could not find another willing party who wanted to spend the $$$. Then Dad mentioned it a while back, and the whole family tried to find an available date for the show. However, little sis and mum decided that they would rather spend the moolah on shopping, hence it became just Dad and me. Kinda made sense as only the two of us would recognize the songs.

Definitely enjoyed the show... Despite "reviews" from Skunk who said that he preferred MaMa Mia, I went with certain expectations, and boy were they met. Throughout the almost three hour long "sing along", I found myself pretty much enjoying the entire flow. It helped that the seats were really good (fifth row from the front, smack in the centre)... am so glad that I decided to treat Dad and myself to really good tickets, and the crowd was excellent (everyone was game for a little bobbing along), and Dad was really good company. It's actually pretty difficult to find someone to watch all the plays / musicals with me coz not everyone enjoys them / is willing to pay for them. So yup, thankfully Dad was game for a night out, else I would have missed a very good production. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home