Friday, August 03, 2007

Instructor Training Workshop

Just spent two very lovely days at Sentosa... training to be an Instructor! Lovely... coz it is a venue far away from office, there was the beach just a few steps away, and I got to meet alot of people from the different lines of services. It really does improve relationships when you get to spend two days embarrassing yourself in front of others.

On the flip side... I cannot believe that I am going to teach! Unlike most of the other course participants whose future target audience are juniors... my target audience will be people across the different ranks! *Faint* Worse still, I still feel that I cannot be considered a subject matter expert in my field of work since I've had so little experience, but obviously the powers that be ran out of other "willing" candidates.

Well, I definitely learnt things about myself during these two days. First, I really have bad stage fright. I seriously stumble, have heart palpitations, etc when having to speak up in front of others (Note to self: never ever consider a career in teaching). Second, I need to be prepared. I have done presentations before... and have never felt this overwhelmed. The main reason I've figured is that I always feel as though I do not know enough about the topic that I am teaching. My "techincal" skills are minimal... something which I did not suffer in for my previous presentations. I so need to improve on this. Perhaps AS5 will have to be suitable bedtime reading in future.

Having said all that, I think this has been one of the few rare times that I felt as though I belonged to the firm... that it's possible to make friends. And yeah, I started remembering why I joined this company in the first place... so that I can grow and learn, and be interested in what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home