Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Rainy Days, Long Weekends, & Christmas!

Things that make me smile:
  • Yipiee.. it's a Tuesday and I'm not at work!
  • It has been raining for hours on end and I'm not at work!
Oh well, guess I'm just very very happy to be at home on a "work" day... this was supposed to be my super duper long "recharge"period, but due to unforseen circumstances (re: deadline), I've had to cancel most of my leave. But... am still happy that this Christmas break has given me loads of opportunities to just cuddle up and spend time with Jules. Am especially happy this morning coz I was able to really "sleep in" this morning admist the pouring rain without my mummy chasing me to get out of bed! "Yippie"!!! I'm actually getting quite an inexplicable kick from just idling in bed... think I'm deprived.

Hmmm... for some reason the Christmas cheer has really gotten into me this year (as opposed to my gloomy state of mind a year ago). In fact, this year, I've managed to send out Christmas Cards to an unprecedented 70% of my Christmas List! So, to all those that have received my classic circular cards, hope you enjoyed reading them... to those that I've missed out... really sorry, but I'll try harder next year!

I've also completed quite a bit of shopping...
  • Christmas prezzies for the gang, Jules and my little sis... wasn't anything much, but I hope that you guys will find some use for them
  • 3 new pairs of shoes!!! I averaged $30 for each pair... just hoping n praying that the current rain will not damage my new purchases in record time
  • 1 new bag! After MONTHS of searching, I finally bought myself a 9west bag that is suitable for both work and play! Okay, so it's not black... but it's a good size (it can fit my story book!!!) and I'm just smug about it!!!
  • spent 1 hour at Kinokuniya yesterday browsing through books... and I bought... only 1 book ("applause"!!!) entitled "Days of being WILD - GE 2006 Walking the Line with the Opposition"... shall give you my take on it when I'm done.
All in all... with the Christmas eve celebration (actually TV marathon) at S's place, the Christmas prezzies from everyone, and the generally leisurely pace, and the tons of rain... this Christmas was a good one indeed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dearie!
I just received your christmas card..many thanks!! =))

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh..i forgot....merry christmas! may whatever you wish for come true in 2007! =)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home