Thursday, October 19, 2006

Shoulder ACHE!

Have actually been woken up by the pain in my shoulders the past couple of nights... gradually, as I embark on this assignment, I can't help but admit that I'm feeling the stress. Aching shoulders, breakouts, eye bags and... sleeping at night despite drinking coffee at 3.30pm are sure signs that I'm feeling the heat at work.

Funny thing is I really don't think the hours are all that bad... I actually knock off decently... between 7 to 9 on a daily basis... comparable to my last job, so why do I feel so burnt out daily?

Starters of course is that the current job requires tons more brain work than the last... Or maybe I'm still recovering from that "being stoopid" phase in life... brain ticks slower these days, so gotta work harder. Secondly, documentation is really a lot harder than it seems to be. My colleagues and I were lamenting that very same fact... On a daily basis, all of us seem to be poring over our work, but at the end of the day, we seem to have very limited output... Am actually doing a repeat cycle right now, and I thought that I could leverage on the work that I did last week... little did I know... nothing seems to be coming out right still... oh well, at least work is challenging.

The conclusion to this is... I'm getting old... and I so wish that I do not need at least 8 hours of sleep a day... there's so much that I want to do out of work, but have zilch energy to do... people I want to meet, cards I want to write, books I want to read... sighs... someone please give me another 24 hours in a day.

Oh no... christmas is creeping up... where am I gonna find the time to write the cards! Looks like I've got to be more selective this year. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home