Friday, December 15, 2006

Five ways to pamper myself this December

So the birthday has come and gone… and this year it was again another rather subdued affair. Attended a wedding dinner with Jules the night before and was introduced to his extended group of friends. Whilst he stayed to party with his friends at New Asia Bar, I headed down to meet the usual gang at St. James Power Station. It has started becoming the new “hangout” place for us I think… and along with it, champagne has become the drink of choice. I don’t know how we worked out the maths amongst us, but along the way, we kinda decided that it was more worthwhile to drink champagne then beer???

S&L bought me a very interesting prezzie… okay, maybe not interesting, more kinky… erm… then again, maybe kinky ain’t the word… sexy? Well, whatever it is, am guessing that they spent quite a bit on it, so thank you people, but I really don’t know when I’m gonna put it to use.
The actual day was spent lazing around at home waiting for Jules to wake up… in the end, I kinda gave up and went with L for her dress fitting… *whistles* gal, those dresses are really hot!!! (i.e. I won’t have the guts to wear them!!!) And I insist that I want the evening gown to be worn during my wedding!!!

Anyways, had dinner with the family & Jules at WildRocket @ Mt. Emily. Dinner was yumms… much better than the miserable experience at Jxxx during Dad’s birthday. The place was a tad bit cramped and crowded by the time it hit 8.30, but in general, it was a fabulous dining experience.

The highlight of the day? My prezzie from Jules! Will post pictures of my newly christianed “Frrr” soon *cross fingers*. Anyways, Frrr is actually a freebie resulting from my new pair of sparkling studs, but he is definitely going to be much loved and treasured.

So… it was only just a couple of days ago that I realized that I’ve not gotten myself a prezzie… Since we made a very huge commitment a couple of months back, it’s been tightening of the purse strings… On impulse, I more or less decided that I shall pamper myself this December (sort of a birthday cum Christmas prezzie to myself thingie).

And the list is as follows:
  • New pants!!! Striped, checked, grey!
  • New work tops! In my list are long sleeved shirts, sleeveless tops to hide under jackets, and really, anything that’s nice
  • A pretty pretty work bag! Am gonna just close both eyes with regards to cost (okay, within reasonable limits) and buy the first pretty bag that I fall in love with
  • A pedicure and a manicure (hmmm… then again, not the manicure)… the image consultant said that the only time when open shoes are permissible is when (a) you are wearing pants and (b) they are painted!
  • Many many different pairs of shoes! I have a habit of only having 1 comfy pairs of shoes at any one time… as such… they wear out really really fast!

Am pretty sure I’ll be adding to this list as time goes on… but for now, am quite contended with the current list. Of course, I have no idea where the money is going to come from as my company does not pay AWS... *sobs* Any sponsers?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyah ... just put them on your hubby's tab.... There was the increment and the bonus announcement, right?

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home