Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Shanghai Exploration - part 1

Hee... Sunday morning, feeling lazy, so I shan't go exploring the area. Instead, gonna slowly idle away my two hours before I need to depart for the airport. Have decided to upload my Shanghai pictures instead!

First of, the pleasant surprise which was my hotel room...


Not too bad for just SGD 50.00 right? :)

Did not really have a chance to explore Shanghai during the work week, but... I did get to experience the public toilet syndrome. For some reason, there are little toilets situated along streets for ease of use.


My first glance of the vibrant nightlife in shanghai was Friday Nite when we visited The Bund... the shops are really really huge. I think Shanghai has lots and lots of Paragon like shopping centres, but the size of Ngee Ann City... and they are all empty! I cannot see how the common employee can afford such goods... But this stretch on Nanjing Road is really a city of lights... very cosmopolitan, and very colourful.


But my favourite shop on this whole stretch? Well, of course, the shop that sold bags :)


Did not actually buy any bags that day... as much as they look pretty on the racks, they are a little too bright and vibrant for my liking... prices range from SGD 10 to SGD 150 or thereabouts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home