Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day Three of Shanghai, Day Two of Work

So it is day three in Shanghai... and I have not seen anything about this place!!! Purportedly I stay somewhere near the city centre, and my client's office is even nearer still... however, for some reason or other, I have not seen anything! Mayhaps it has something to do with the somewhat tight deadline that I have... mayhaps it has something to do with the fact that my colleague is a tad ks, and she would rather order room service, have lunch in office, etc rather than go out and take a look.

Tight deadlines... gee... I find myself wishing that all business trips were like my trip to the US. This is more akin to my Japan trip whereby I'm bogged down by never ending work... except that for this case, it may be to do with the fact that I am so unused to the language, the standards, the regulations, etc. But we make do.. :) I have already shocked many a client with my atrocious chinese. Instead of getting better with practice, it actually gets worse coz my brain gets tired with all the translations.

Just ran off to have dinner by myself at Macs (my colleague ordered room service)... and the Macs here is so cheap! A Big Mac meal costs only S$3.20... I was amazed... and yes, I gulped down an entire Big Mac... it's cold here so I have to eat more (excuses, excuses, excuses). On the way back to the hotel, I stopped by a roadside fruits store... boy was I so happy. I bought 1 jin of cherries and it only cost me S$2.40, and my bunch of bananas cost me only S$0.80... so yes, on top of my Big Mac, I am happily munching cherries now. You know how in Singapore you have to carefully pick and choose to ensure that all the cherries are in good condition? Well, here, you can just carelessly pop them into your mouth.

All right... time to go slog again... I'm still undecided about how I feel with regards to my internet censorship.. I have problems with hotmail, but I can msn virtually anywhere due to the abundance of wireless network... I can blog but I cannot read my own blog... I can't send personal emails, but I can't send office emails too (at least not everywhere).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calories...Calories...Someone is turning chubby!!! :)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home