Monday, June 12, 2006

1st day in Shanghai

So it is day one in Shanghai... and I am beat even though it is only 10.30pm (actually, that's pretty close to singapore bed time for me). The flight was really turbulent... and the pilot disproved my dad's theory about how ang moh pilots make better landings (coz the landing was really bumpy)

Am at the hotel now... and I'm really happy coz it has unlimited broadband access! Internet does make travelling that much more bearable (I dun need to worry about hefty phone bills). After the initial fears that the client has put me up in some dingy Hotel 81 like hotel (daily rate is only SGD 50.00), I am somewhat relieved to see that I've gotten to stay in a rather decent lower end business hotel (slogan of the hotel is "hotel experience at motel prices"). All in all, am rather pleased with my room... and am praying very very hard that my Beijing hotel would be similar.

Have no idea where in Shanghai I am at... there are no shopping centres around (except for one really atas shopping centre popping out of nowhere), so I figure I may not be spending too much molah here (yeah, I get to save my per diem)... Gonna have dinner with an ex colleague tomorrow, then it will be hard at work, trying to do all my documentation / issues by Friday (boss wants to review file *sighs*). Hopefully, will be able to spend Sat exploring Shanghai before running off to Beijing... hmmm... might just be able to make this trip into a mini holiday after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home