Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday Nights Alone Are Sad...

As we all can tell, I have been having "Me" time aplenty these days... yes, it's saturday night and I'm home alone. *sobs*

Now I know why single women bosses are so hard to work for. Because there is absolutely zilch to do on the Saturday nights! Even the television stations are in on this fact, so they don't ever show anything decent on tv. And thus the repressed and upset single women boss will need to find some way of venting their frustrations... easiest way, abuse of power.

Reason for me having so much time on hand? Jules has been piling on the hours at work these days, working the 7 days a week, 16 hours a day kind of life... Must admit that the first weekend I pretty much enjoyed having the "me" time... suddenly, I was able to finish reading my books, go cut my hair, have coffee with friends, go for my first facial in years... but now, *sighs* I swear I've run out of ideas. I could clean up my room, but I'm feeling lazy... go shopping, but it ain't fun shopping alone when you don't have much cash... *gee* yes, I am whining, but I sincerely think that this is the first time in donkey years that I have nought in my hands!

Typically, I either had single friends whom I could always count on for a cuppa, interesting work that kept me too occupied... so yes, this is a new expereience for me.

Okay, whining aside... am rather pissed with a certain individual... no one is gonna quite understand this, but I was under the distinct impression that we were quite close... but he's been attached for a couple of months already, and he has never ever told me!!! Feeling a little betrayed... Found out yesterday, when I met him with said gf and a group of others for a catch up session. Have not seen the majority of these folks in about a year. To think that when we first met, most of us were fresh from school... now everyone's sporting the extra flabs that can only be the result of desk bound work with plenty of "entertainment" duties.

Another little point to note... had one of my rare "walk-outs" yesterday. Walked from office to mrt (15 minutes), walked from City Hall to Paulaners (20 minutes), walked from Paulaners to Boat Quay (this one should be 30 minutes)... actually did feel quite good, since everything was done at night and not with hot sun blazing. Made me miss my morning walks from No. 3 to No. 5 for breakfast... and yes, made me miss my morning walk buddy. It was fun. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home