Saturday, December 27, 2008

The get-together feeling

It has been a very relaxed christmas... in the sense that work slowed to a very soft hum... which gave me plenty of time to spend with the family and friends.

The whole gang (sans ED) came to my mum's place for Christmas eve dinner. Admist the turkey, the salad and the wine plus champs (we were very atas about the wine that night), we managed to spend a good 5 hours talking and playing with our christmas pressies! Why playing? The Skunk bought the following presents for us:
  • Uno Flash
  • Payday
  • Taboo
  • Pictionary Mania
  • Dogopoly

So yes... we were kids indeed that night. Think everyone had some good old fashioned fun. Even the littlest bunny realised that it was an *ahem* important occassion as she quietly slept in my room, whilst her dad and mum pretended to be 18 year old kids. My mother was definitely impressed by her good behaviour, especially after I went on and on about how rowdy the little one can be.

Last night we had the original gang gathering at my place for a good "girly" pseudo pyjama party. "Girly" coz the Skunk came along for a while, but he was more engrossed in Liverpool than the talk. But boy did we talk... I had to chase Miss ED out of my house near 4am... I was cranky! But overall, I think it did us all good to just spend some time together without any distractions. In a way, that's what christmas is all about yeah? Spending quality time with the friend and the family. Though there were no elaborate dinners, and no flashy presents this year, we did really enjoy each other's company. Things were shared last night which we all know will be kept between us... so I guess, it was a good christmas afterall. Hope that the year ahead will be a better one for everyone... heartaches be gone, and mayhaps, better career luck for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home