Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Tad...

It all went blank in a flash, slowly replaced by this huge blur, then everything came back into focus. I seriously think migranes just aren't supposed to be this scary.  Three full days of pain, followed by the numbness, and now this. My entire week seems to have been tracked by my daily progress. Waking up every morning, tipping my head a little side to side, testing for some reaction... reminds me of the days when I overindulged and woke up in the morning fearful of that hangover. 

This year seems to be plagued with its fare share of medical woes. Like the BEB says, I seem to be forever sick. Feels like that to me too. Can't seem to climb out of this hole that I've dug. Went for a swim with PR in the hope that some exercise will help. And I am glad that I did. If anything, I felt more refreshed and relaxed. Swims always seem to have that effect for me. And there was plenty of bonding with PR in betweens, i.e., we were two of those gals that just stood in the water chatting whilst the boys started pulling in their laps. I seriously think guys take exercise way too seriously. Hee. 

The bad part is... I just up-ed and left the pile of work to go for the swim. Think this week has been just that tad bit more vexing. It's one of those do or die weeks at work, since the QR starts on Monday. Have tons to catch up on... and I still have not mastered the art of saying no to more, but yet, my body keeps giving off these "stop" signals. A little hard to ignore when your eyes tear on their own accord. And so, I obey... but then I can't stop fretting, and now I wish I've brought it home with me. How typical. 

Am I afraid? I don't really know,  a little... as much as I try to scoff it off. After all, this is something quite new, and it never used to take me this long to bounce back. In my moment of weakness I casually asked S to accompany me to the docs on Tuesday, but she was busy. Of coz, when T asked me to GO see one, I brushed it aside. Yet I called bestest immediately after to talk, but he was too busy as well. That all happened in my 5 mins of panic. In the end, guess I just handled it my way, and for the record, there is nothing wrong, and I got it covered.  I feel ok, but yet I don't, and that frustrates me. Just don't want to over react. Oh well, cross my fingers that this will turn out to be another false alarm. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home