Monday, December 15, 2008

Strangely Quiet

There has been plenty a-happening of late, and yet, strangely, can't seem to put the events to "paper". One of those periods where everything's a whirl and my mind(?) changes its thoughts and feelings with each passing hour. Sometimes detached, sometimes way too emotional. Maybe because it's the end of the year all over again, and it's a time of reflection. Certain days I feel truly happy, and others, I "see" myself smiling, and yet, am not.

In this period of quietness, I grew another year older, felt a whole swirl of different emotions over a friend's new relationship, abetted another friend's pseudo relationship, and I guess, took some time to ponder over my own little lotus threads with a whole swirl of others. Think I'm not the only one who has been going through this period of reflection. The gang gave me a surprise birthday celebration, for which I am very very touched. Also had a few lovely dinners with the family, with the BEB, with T. Really appreciate the effort that everyone has put in to just spend some time with me! And thanks all for the lovely pressies!!! And I had a marvelous few days on a teeny island. Plenty of alone time on the hammock, watching the day go by. Think every once in a while, we do need to just slow down, and appreciate all that is around us.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home