Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Good Break

It's a little weird to consider being back at home as a good break... but that's really how I feel. Since Shanghai, it's been two and a half weeks of well, just being, in SG, catching up with friends and all. Amazingly, it has actually been a pretty busy 2.5 weeks at work, but somehow, just feel happy being back. Guess I truly know the feeling of "home is the best".

Have had quite a few opportunities to do the dinners and the pampering session. Had the worst crink in my neck the other day, so much so that I had to subject myself to one of those tui na sessions where I had to resist the temptation of telling the aunty to stop coz I could not figure which pain was worse. Unfortunately, I think the crink is still there, and I "look forward" to more sessions with the auntie. 

Unknowingly, I had a second round of "birthday" celebrations. First, dinner with mum and the family at Sweet, Salty, Spicy. Have heard alot about this place, and was looking forward to thai food... Unfortunately, think the place was a tad too noisy, and the food, a tad too catered towards the expat crowd... the search for good thai food continues. Then came the surprise bday celebration for Miss ene... that was good old fashioned fun. Though it was a Monday, we ended up at her place chatting till almost midnight, poor PR had to drive all the way back home. 

Had my first "aunty" birthday party... the littlest bunny turned 1!!!! OMG! Balloons, cupcakes, little piglets and ang pow packets... how not to feel OLD!!! Haha... the little one was so fat and chubby, she resembled the little piglets on her bday cupcakes. Definitely a replica of her dad. And then there was the hastily put together celebration for J. As usual, out with the two guys, I always feel most at ease. It's amazing how J can be so totally candid with his feelings despite the many years of marriage and him climbing the corporate ladder. Was thinking that we were gonna end up hitting the clubs, but I guess age has finally set in, and the bday boy... errr... I mean man, went home before the cinderella hour. Which left T and me looking for a quiet place as usual.... and we actually found one at Clarke Quay! Will wonders ever cease. Beautiful place, lovely music, definitely somewhere I will return to. And since the site is a temporary one, hopefully it will be soon. Unfortunately, with T embarking on the next stage in his life, and one out of the country, guess it won't be with these two old friends.

Birthday celebrations aside, I managed to squeeze time in for lunch with old friends (it's been more than a month since I had lunch at Maxwell with MT!), go clubbing (my first visit to MOS), have the yummiest dinner ever (the two xmms and me ate up a storm at OSO - 3 appetiesers, 1 soup, 3 main courses and 2 desserts!), and today... spend the entire day at home enjoying the sun, the tv, and even the housework. Definitely two weeks packed with social events, but really enjoyed every moment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home