Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Usual Happy Birthday

How apt... the clock strikes 12, and I log on to my Skype account just to look at the conversations that S&S have had for the day. Your name props up... it's super random as you hardly even know little S. I stop whatever I do for just that moment, as I always do at the mention of you, and then, I realise... it's your birthday.

Maybe it's Facebook, but you have been turning up quite a bit... simple act of photos browsing and I see you. And guess what? In some ways, you just have not changed, have not aged. Looks like life has been treating you well. It's been 5 years now? One would think that that's time enough to heal... but has it? I pick up the phone, tempted to text you happy birthday... the phone goes down again, the text unsent, but the well wishes are there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jookette said...

my office is just 3 units away from Broth!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home