Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Whilst walking to work

I figured out the answer to this question that everyone has been asking me... do I like my new job? One month of zipping in and out of SG and I still could not give a straight answer to this question... and yet, I could not quite put a finger to it exactly.

But then... during my little walk today, I finally got it. There are bits of this job that reminds me of the one that I left two years ago, and the most striking being that I don't understand my function in the scope of the entire company. Which is why despite the hours and the good travel comfort, I could not give the job a two thumbs up.

But having finally figured the "problem", I can now conclude that this really ain't so bad. I always did say that I wanted to find a job like that one before, where I could settle down, find time to learn and have time for myself. Well... this does indeed serve the purpose. And... I am no longer a voiceless lass... my current boss is open to little changes. It's just a matter of handling him (aha! it's a him! mayhaps that's why it makes for easier handling). As a much added bonus, I do feel that my brain is being utilised during working hours, and yes... there is a significant higher pay than two years ago (Phew!). Now, if only the colleagues aren't such "ladies" who have their noses permanently stuck up in the air or in their powder boxes, I would be quite contented indeed. Thank goodness for old lunch buddies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home