Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fashion(able)

One of the consequences of hanging out with the BEB is that I'm actually starting to have a tinge of fashion consciousness. I've actually started noticing the things that people wear when I'm out. Hmmm... wait... I've always noticed the super "unglam" or eyebrow raising stuff that I've seen, but these days, I've actually started noticing the nice things too... Haha... it's like being starting my education 15 years too late (in this area at least).

Have had quite a bit of time on my hands during the weekends since I started my "no work" policy. As a result, I confess to have been doing a little bit of a wardrobe revamp myself. In a way, have been preparing for my new work wardrobe (dress down fridays! yippie!), as well as trying to dig out the old stuff from my existing collection. It's amazing the amount of clothes that I've relegated to the back of the cupboard... things that I don't think I'll ever wear again, but am reluctant to throw it out. Well, they have been given a new lease of life in the past few weeks (at least the pieces that I can still fit into).

My shopping expeditions have resulted in me buying more skirts n dresses!*gasp*. Was just a realization at a certain get together a couple of weeks back... there's a sad fact of getting old and settled. Very soon, it's gonna be nigh impossible to look "good" in alot of clothes, as the flabs start refusing to budge from their fav spot(s). Point to note, for the past couple of years, the empress dowager has stopped commenting on how I can't wear sleeveless tops, short shorts... etc. Reason: I no longer look worse than my peers in them. 

Rambling away... as there's a huge "thing" coming up today... and I'm trying to not *think* about it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home