Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthing Time

"Tick Tick" yet another incoming message:

Dear all, we are pleased to announce the birth of our little angel, xxx today, at xx.xxam, weighing in at 3.xxkg. Mother and Child are at xxx hospital, ward 1a. Yours, a and b

This is the second message that I received the past week (with another one taking place this week I'm sure), informing me of the arrival of yet another wee babe. Times like this, there's no denying that I've reached the grand old age where my friends are popping babies all over. 

Am happy for the two couples as I know that they've been trying for a babe for some time. It's funny how the ones who are ready for a babe are 'oft the ones that are kept waiting... whilst the ones that really don't want one are always "gifted" with an accident. (Did I ever mention that I was one of two accidents for my parents? *smile*) Yup, the TV serials do have some truth in them... one special night can really result in a "fruitful" outcome. 

Can never quite understand why a higher being would ever decide to dispense babes in such a manner. For the former, I guess the harder you need to try, the more you will appreciate the outcome. But the latter? Hmmm... maybe that's why there are so many neglected children / contentious family relationships out there. Which then brought to mind the movie I was watching last night, Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. Watched it years back after stealing the disc from Itchy and Scratchy, and I so connected with the show! Mayhaps I did learn a little from watching the show (there is a reason for why mum acts so?), and that year actually marked the turning point of my own relationship with my mum. Coincidental right?

Ramblings aside, guess I just wanted to note my congratulations to the two couples (TY and V). Congratulations to you peeps and your other halves, think you all would make fantastic parents.  




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

babies are fun to play with till they start yelping and belching and dng those smelly poo... then u just wanna drop them and run as far away as possible. Scary.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home