Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Week in a Blaze

Sprinting, running... oh my, it's Sunday again? Where has my entire weekend gone to? Well, well, well, there are times when sleeping at 5am / waking at 5am still does not give me sufficient time to complete all my various wants. Have you ever thought about how much time simply flies by when we are seated in front of the computer... reading friend's blogs, looking at Facebook updates, or even just clearing the tons of junk mail that floods our inboxes? I am always amazed. A week without checking my hotmail, and lo and behold, I've got like 100+ mails... 

And then there's the housework. I am now in wonder at the amount of clothes that I wear. It appears as though we work our washing machines full time. Then comes the ironing... Jules attempted to iron his own shirts yesterday whilst I was out... the output was quite funnie. This is my way of disclaiming responsibility for his definitely unkempt appearance that will occur in the next two weeks. 

Past week has been a busy one indeed as I contrived to wrap up all my Chinese New Year visiting, wrap up as much as possible that one hateful assignment. To think that I could have escaped that assignment, but foolishly, sometime back in November (oh, so long ago), I thought that I could take it in my stride, and just accomplish it. 

Celebrated V-day with the gals. It was a simple dinner with L, S and PR. Hee.. think we are making it a habit to hang out together on that day. It's nice really. Shall we make a date for Feb 14th 2009 already? Was too tired out to spend the night out, plus I had a headache again. Hiaz.. 

Gave my boss a "V-Day" prezzie... in the form of my goodbye letter. Yup, that's one decision finally made and settled. Think I managed to shock everyone. Hmmm... I even managed to shock myself! Not too sure if the decision was the best one, or that I accepted the right job... but then, as I told ze boss, life is really about gambles right? And at some point of time, you just need to trust your instincts. I think he took it pretty well, and yes, I told him that I still am very grateful to him for bringing me in. Think in many ways, I did enjoy my two years here. Haha... perhaps it's coz to date, I do think that all my eforts have been somewhat acknowledged. And it has definitely been a place for me to exercise my paltry brain cells. Think I will actually look back fondly at my time here... 

Went over to L's house yesterday for our yearly CNY gathering. It was different this year somehow. Maybe coz the little bunny brought her little B over, maybe coz the two older men were without their other halves coz they had their respective big tiffs earlier, maybe coz the Skunk had his own disgruntled other half around. Just lying on L's bed, I could not help but wonder whether we will always be able to hang out... you know, as all of us get older and have our own families, are we still gonna place each other high on our priority list? These peeps have been an integral part of my life for like the past many years... could I actually do without these "pillars of strength"? Had this conversation the other day which actually made me more hurt than I let on... although I did realize it's part of the decisions that we have to make in life. 

In the midst of our little gathering and playing with the little baby, I started wondering what it would be like to have a little wee one of my own. My conclusion? Haha... does not really matter since I've just committed myself to not thinking of it for the next two years. Smile.  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dun dump me ... the pillar of trouble !!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home