Sunday, December 23, 2007

Reading again

It seems like it's been a long long time since I last had a good read... been so busy doing well, a whole list of stuff... not to mention my latest projects of writing christmas cards and exploring new hang out places. But in the midst of it all, found the time to catch up on the reading, and it was lovely. There were a couple of books which I really enjoyed reading, namely:
a) The Thirteenth Tale
b) The Other Boleyn Girl
c) Atlas Shrugged
d) Lost in a Good Book
Weird combination, and there were times where I found it difficult to switch from one writing style (and thought process) to the other. But I think I really enjoyed the process of reading. 

Was talking to Jules the other day about the concept of reading for the fun of it... and he admitted that it was something that he could not grasp. He understood the necessity of reading on a subject matter coz of interest, but reading for the joy of it... I guess that's something different altogether. 

As we are finally starting to get settled, hope that I'll be able to find more time to just simply read. But then again, can't seem to find anything that I would want to seriously pore over... am thinking of re-reading some of the old books again... let's see, what shall it be? Jordan, Austen, or perhaps Milton? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home