Friday, May 04, 2007

Upgraded!

I have been upgraded... began my second visit to Redang in two years today... and... I went there on a plane! Yup, no 12 hours lingering on a bus, no undesirable toilet breaks, no freezing and trying hard to fall asleep... instead there was a 1.5hrs non stop flight on a 40 seater plane! Reason for the upgrade? Coz am with daddy and mummy, so obviously it is not possible for them to take a 12 hour bus journey.

Funnily enough, am starting to appreciate the "joys" in my 12 hour bus journey. Okay, perhaps ot the bus ride but mayhaps, the rest of the first trip. A year ago it was in a more back packish kind of setting, this time round it's in the 100% commercial tourist churning Berjaya. Whilst Berjaya offers all the creature comforts desired... nice rooms, exclusive feel, meals all provided, affluent clientele, I find that I may actually appreciate the "rustic" feel of my previous visit more... the little provision shops, the different nationalities mixing around on the beach and the totally beautiful house reef!!! I guess the last visit was to a more "dive" centric hotel, but definitely don't regret bringing dad and mum here. Hee.. it;s been such a long time since we last went on a holiday together & now Jules is with us! This promises to be a "first" in experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home