Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Shanghai Again

Yes, am back in Shanghai again… almost a year after my first visit, but the feel this time round is very different.

Instead of staying in the city centre, this time round we’re staying in the “Woodlands” equivalent of Shanghai. Admist the factories and the farm land, there’s a causeway point-ish area, and that’s where I am staying. Every cab driver has gotten lost in a bid to send us to our hotel, and has described our location as the “农村”.

Being wary of the fact that I would not have easy access to my chocolates, and other yummies, I jam packed my suitcase full of eatables. Imagine my surprise when I realised that even in "Woodlands" there seems to be plenty of “Carrefour” looking supermarkets around. I just bought my Lays Cucumber flavoured potato chips… must say it’s an acquired taste though… cannot say I love it as yet.

In theory, this trip is supposed to be super busy for me… but for some reason, I can’t seem to get myself immersed in the job… maybe things will be better tomorrow, but for now, I am just feeling determinedly lazy. Mayhaps I should have taken the offer a couple of weeks ago… after all, if I was interested in considering it, doesn’t it mean that I’m bored with my current work? I don’t know… am I just always just looking for excitement?

Well, whatever it is… time enough to think about it when I am back in Singapore… For now, it’s slog away, else I’m never ever going to “deliver”.
P.S. the weather is super duper cold this time round... and I have NO clothes to wear. I have never been so glad to wear stockings and open toe shoes... am glad that at the eleventh hour, I decided to pack them in my suitcase "just in case".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home