Friday, February 02, 2007

A Missing Pillar

So things have not been going all that well lately, what with failing lappies, stolen handphones, increased workloads and some back stabbing... was feeling a little down and stressed and started reaching out for the usual pillars of support only to find out that it has gone missng.

Thankfully, another pillar popped up out... thanks dear for asking me out for drinks tonight... think I needed it more than I let on. Even though it meant hanging out with people that I've not met before, I really did have fun and managed to put all the unpleasant stuff aside. So we did not get drunk, but you guys did make me laugh lots... and reminded me that there is lots more to life than just chasing after corporate goals. So at the very end, I did manage to achieve letting go, and being manja and all... which was something that I was unable to achieve by myself.

And it aslo reminded me why we have been friends for so very long, through ups and downs, and periods where there was little contact. At the end of the day, with you, there is no need to pretend to be someone that I am not, nor to be strong and resiliant at all times... after all, you know what a nerd and softie I really am :) Funnily, mayhaps it was because of that very attitude, there was also no need for me to bitch nor whine to feel better. Thanks dear!!! Hopefully, you know that I will be there too!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sollie ... was busy with the kids that night

9:34 PM  
Blogger chiarezza said...

ah ha! i can now see that it works... and yes, you can update me about KK anytime

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home