Thursday, June 29, 2006

Last Morn in Beijing

So... it's finally here... the last day of my 3 week long journey in China... must say that time has really passed relatively fast. In a sense, my routine here was rather similar to being in Singapore. Work really hard on the weekdays, and try to catch up on as much fun over the weekend. Have basically seen most of what I want to see here in terms of the sights. As for shopping, hmmm... I really am not the best at bargaining. I am super duper soft hearted. It's amazing how the process of buying a bag can take you up to an hour... especially if the shopkeeper is inclined to "play" the game.

Amusingly, the GM at the client's place, who is Singaporean, actually praised my colleague and me for speaking pretty decent mandarin. (Yup, I can hear everyone laughing now) But it is amazing how in 3 weeks you can switch from one language to another easily, with barely a hint of that "translation" process that goes on within you. I can even read most of the documents that are passed to me! Haha.. maybe the next job I should aim for is the Popular (the stationery store!) assignment in Taiwan! Oh well, knowing me... this chinese ability would dissapear the moment I'm on Singapore land.

For now, shall just take home the knowledge that I've gained here... it was an interesting experience, with it's own share of ups and down.
Aside: My manager actually comes from the same JC as me... but he really does not look like one, and he deftinitely does not sound like one...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why dun have new updates!!!!??? Updates!!!!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home