Thursday, December 22, 2005

A 'Serious' Conversation

So... it was 10pm at night when I popped my head into mummy's room after coming back from Christmas shopping (finally!), and she pats the bed and told me to have a seat... "oops!" was the first thought that came to mind. Dad was out of town, and I guess Mummy just wanted someone to share her joy, after all she finally received the long awaited "letter". Those old friends of mine will know that whilst my family typically has long dinner conversations every Sunday, my parents and I normally refrain from having heart to heart conversations, or woman to woman conversations. That privilege is reserved for my sister. :) My parents put it all down to my stubborn, headstrong, private nature... I put it down to being the older sibling in the family.
Well, last night was one of those out of the blue nights... mum took it upon herself to talk to me about relationships (past and present), weddings, houses and the future in general. (now you know why I try to avoid these conversations in so far as much as possible). We actually sat down and discussed my plans for the future... along the lines of, do i like my job, when do I intend to move out, what kind of house am I looking for, do I have enough $$ (in other words, stress!)
Highlight of the conversation was actually towards the end... (all in chinese)
Mum: "You really do seem happier with Jules than M"
Me: (stunned) "Yeah"
Mum: "Well, Dad and I are glad that you are happier now. He seems to treat you well, that is good. "
Me: (speechless)
Think my mum just pulled a fast one over me. It's the first time I've ever heard anything nice from my parents about Jules... know they were rather upset over my breakup with M previously. They never really bothered to hide the fact that he was the "son-in-law" to them, and the comparisms between the two were endless... so, well, I guess my parents have finally moved on... I am still speechless

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Lew said...

*tag*
Things are lookin up then miss chan?
= )

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home