Friday, December 16, 2005

Chancing upon an old haunt

For those of you who knew me during my audit days, guess you must be really familiar with my old haunt. I think nary a week went by back then when I wasn't having a drink with my colleagues at Embargo. Well, the said establishment closed down about a year ago, and slowly, but surely, I guess it faded from all our memories.
Was celebrating a friend's birthday at One Fullerton last night, and happened to walk past Embargo's old premises. There's a new pub there now, and... the furniture inside has not changed! It was really like walking down memory lane, whereby the decor, the surroundings remained status quo, but the difference was in the crowd.
Couldn't help but remember the good old days when we used to have dinner at Embargo before going back to work... Yes, Embargo was our favourite dinner spot, as it boasted good chicken wings, pizzas and other tapas. Of course, it never did hurt that it was one of the few places back then that served Hoegarden and Stella on tap. Think I've lost count on the many jugs that were consumed... hmmm... why is it that I can't drink anymore these days?
Well, time has passed, and although the decor is still around, guess most of us have left the company. In fact, of the drinking gang, I think I am the only one left in Singapore. Amazing... everyone has gone off to pursue their dreams, dreams that we all shared, perhaps, in a way, I just chose to go off on a tangent.
Guess I've kind of lost touch with most of the group... all except for this little bro of mine who is in England. Really not sure when I'll ever meet him again... perhaps, when I finally get to realize that childhood fantasy of mine and pay a visit to the country of castles and fairies? (blame it on Enid Blyton)
Anyways, going home last night, I suddenly thought of a "poem" that really depicted how I felt...
去年今日此门中
人面桃花相映红
人面不知何处去
桃花依旧笑春风
Surprised? Hee... so am I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home