Sunday, July 21, 2013

Splurge!

Woohoo... these three months have been full of purchases! With air tickets, accommodation, money for shopping and presents (not to mention income taxes)! Amazing thing is how I am squeezing all this in amidst visits from the Global office folks plus my own office related travels. - I have now become a regular with the money changers at Arcade, randomly changing multiple currencies. Hopefully though, this means that I have gotten the bulk of my travel expenses covered, as it's time to do a little budgeting.

Logged onto my internet banking website recently and was quite amazed at how data analytics has conquered even the personal banking space. The site now allows you to allocate your withdrawals against multiple categories and then contrasts your own expenditure pattern against others of the same demographic type. Needless to say, based on the past three months, my "outs" are high on the bell curve. The bank automatically allocates your credit card purchases against the applicable categories. A reminder that in this world of connected intelligence, very little of what we do is private anymore. Maybe ... if we wanted to be private, we should just stick to money in biscuit tins, and writing on letter pads.

Its a Sunday morning, and I have a list of to dos - but the thought of packing my luggage for the next month is daunting. 4 to 5 countries of leisure and work, plus cold and hot climates. The terrible traveler that I am is bulking at the task ahead. Why can't I have a wardrobe in each of the countries?But before I start on the packing, am going to continue admiring my latest purchase ... it's finally sinking in ... and it starts with a F!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home