Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I am strangely addicted to this show. Maybe it's coz weight seems so much more hefty when it's mentioned in pounds. On many a morning at home (and nights in the hotel) I find myself tuning into the hallmark channel and gasping away. How can anyone weigh 400 pounds! Wow... and lose 200 pounds in 12 weeks! Okay, so maybe it was the good "TV producing" etc, but the weight loss process seemed to be alot of hard work, and oh so painful. With each episode, I can almost feel my "abs" aching... and not luxurating in my two scoops of ice cream.

I know what draws me to this show. Find it super inspiring. And a true reflection of life. To lose weight and to feel better about oneself, there's often a lot of determination, a lot of will power, even sweat and tears. It's also so much easier to just let oneself go, to go back to that comfort zone, even with the knowledge that one was not happy. Mayhaps, better the devil that one knows? Think the contestants show that we all do have it in us to pull oursleves up and move on. 400 pounds! Imagine! Even walking must be an enormous task.

P.S. Realised that whilst my stomach muscles are still able to withstand situps and crunches, I can no longer do push ups!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home