Saturday, November 21, 2009

Utilization

This title would take on a whole different meaning were I still in a "professional firm"... but...

2 weeks... that is how long my current company took to make an "urgent" payment from US to UK in HKD. And just in case you thought it was because there was no sense of urgency, I counted at least 40 emails following up on this payment... and this included emails from the VP Finance, the CFO, the FC, etc. I would have found it highly hilarious if the matter wasn't of such an "urgent" nature, and if I was not to be held responsible for their actions across the continents.

So 2 weeks after, you would think the payment by Treasury would have been sorted out. But no, payment was rejected by UK bank as there was no corresponding HKG bank account. *Faints* Last I checked, we were a multinational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home