Sunday, July 06, 2008

Club Month


It's really starting to become a trend... once a year, there will be a stretch where I start on my clubbing streak. This year looks like the month has come slightly early. After the Zouk outing last week, went out with the ex colleagues to St James last Friday. And... never thought that I would say this about clubbing with the colleagues (after all, I never ever did it during my tenure with the firm), but it was really quite fun!

20+ people, in one room, and hitting the dance floor. Think K and I really do get along quite a bit... even our taste in clubbing is similar! Next thing I knew, it was 4am... and I had consumed way too much alcohol. Spent the entire Sat vegging at home, way too tired to go out. H and I were trying to pass me off as a first yearer who has left the firm.. damn funnie... but I think we actually did manage to pull it off. That's how much alcohol that was flowing... so much so that the senior people actually believed us.

The night out was a pretty good cure for the "homesickness" that I was feeling earlier in the day. It was good to be mixing around with people again, and not just being a "ghost". Suddenly, work did not seem so fearsome... it just takes a bit of getting used to, and yes, learning to build those bridges all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home