Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Lunch that brings back the past

So I had lunch with WT, CK and CY. Was just a simple thing at some vegetarian place at Suntec. Have not really met them, or had a conversation with them in a long long time… to think that these were like my breakfast kahkis from a time long ago. I think if someone were to take a photo of us and compared it to the various snapshots taken those years back, there will be some marked differences. For starters, we used to be a lot younger… now it’s a more mature bunch, and we are definitely dressed more professionally these days… no more t-shirts, jeans, slippers, short sleeved mismatched shirts.

Sitting there, could not quite help but think that I no longer have much to talk to them about. Have I changed that much? Whilst we caught up on the gossip… okay, it was more them telling me about what has happened with the entire group, and me shocking them with the news of my marriage… it was a tad bit disconcerting. I no longer know these people, yet I was once close to them. I guess it was a conscious decision on my part. The rest of them continued to keep in contact in spite of all the job changes, they made it a point to make time for each other. In fact, WT is going to be the best man for CK’s wedding!!! For me, a misunderstanding that occurred back then made me drift away, and after, it just seemed as though I could no longer fit back in. Of course, with each job switch, it became easier and easier to just disappear.

Looking back… CK really will always stay in my mind as the first and until now only guy person who has raised his voice at me in a work environment. Will never quite forget that I suppose… or my totally blurred reaction as I stared at him blankly… and in front of so many people!!!

As for M, well, am glad to know that M & M are still together. After all he was the cause of all that misunderstanding. With him flying all about and me playing the disappearing game, cannot even quite remember what he looks like anymore. Hmmm… mayhaps I will be hearing wedding bells from them soon? It should be one of those match made in heaven… prettiest gal weds most handsome boy. I hope that he has managed to put all the unhappiness in his life away. And I still think that he is one of the most capable people I have met… and totally totally suited for operations work.

Funnily enough, despite the distance, they were talking about being invited to my wedding… and I guess, if the space permits it, I will try to do so. For now, will try and make it for more of the group outings. After all, it’s been so many years, and they have always made the effort to contact me, it’s time I reciprocated by doing the simple act of turning up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home