Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Divas for the night

The gang of four (coz the little lian was not around) went on strike yesterday... we decided not to be slaves to our companies for a change... as such, we "sang" for our suppers that night. A record FOUR hours spent at a karaokae joint, on a monday night no less!

I think it had something to do with the fact that there were a couple of us with absolutely no mood to get anything done at work... so we buggered off at 6.30 (so proud of myself), and had dinner at Kazu, located at Cuppage. Dinner was good... but seriously, Cuppage just gives one the feeling of being immersed in sleaze (okay, I am exaggerating here, but barely). Thanks people for bringing me to a place with good food that I've never been before!

Well... the highlight of the night was definitely the "singing" session... I think we've not had so much fun in a long, long time. Although we played mostly sad songs, we actually had plenty of laughs in between. Must be all the foolish attempts at harmonizing... but I think there was a fair amount of "belting" the hits to our heart's content... of course, a certain miss has developed a craze for Korean singers... and we had like 10+ Korean songs lined up. Unfortunately for her, none of them featured her current fav.

On hindsight, I was wondering what made last night so special... and my conclusions are as follows:
1) We were feeling a tad "emotional"... and were therefore more appreciative of each other's company...
2) There was only just us! I think this was really quite important. All our singing sessions in the past xxxx months have always been attended by various "plus ones"... and inevitably, that puts the rest on better behaviour. After all, we are really not "fantastic" singer, and you would just be more hesistant to fool around in the presence of others. I guess at the end of the day, the bond between the few of us is rather special... it's the "you've seen me at my worst, there's really nothing much I can be bothered to hide anymore" kind of attitude... but that's not necessary something we would like to share with others... and that has always given us a kind of inexplicable chemistry that always results in some form of frowns from others.. so last nite, there was none of that... and as a result... we had a roaring good time. (oh no. I am sounding like Ja here)
3) It was a walk down memory lane... I think the attendees know what I mean here... so thanks people, for hanging out and being around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home