Sunday, August 27, 2006

Another "young" weekend

So... it was another weekend of pretending to be young... at least it beats coughing at home. :) Finally stopped couging enough to be let out on a Friday night... but since we were missing many members of the gang, the two bunnies, S and me decided to go eat at Newton... Plese remind me never ever to do that with this bunch again. So much for a cheap dinner... even with only half an appetite, we managed to rack up a dinner bill of a whopping $18 per pax... cheap for a restaurant, but amazing at a hawker centre... but then again, it's Newton.

For some unfathomed reason, there was a strict no drinks policy that day... so we started pondering on what else people do at night in Singapore... and we managed to narrow the list to eat, drink, catch a movie, watch soccer (with drinks), play pool (with drinks), or go bowling! We started out looking for a pool joint, which took us to Tanjong Pagar (the sleazy stretch) and then to Selegie (the less sleazy stretch)... but all the pool places were filled to the brim (surprise, surprise). And guess what! For all the years that I've watched people play pool... have never attempted the game myself.

So... since pool was out, we settled for the next best option... bowling. You never saw 4 people with such dismal scores! (Hmmm... ok, K did all right... but only if you think he's a gal) Thankfully, we had the last lane... but I did we did have a good time... I think we should attempt this again when more of the gang is present... then we can have longer laughs. :)

Since the night was still young... the ah lian amongst us wanted to go to the arcade. And my goodness, I finally saw the lian in action. :) Ok... I think she definitely plays arcade games better than any other gal I've ever met... which leaves me wondering how much of her childhood she spent at arcades.

Saturday night... still no bf in sight... and I had two birthday parties to attend... hmmm.. where should I go? Decided to head on down to Loof for I's party. After all, I did promise him I'll attend and I've not seen him in oh so long. It was a very tame affair as all his friends are the "kuai" kind of people who don't drink etc. To a certain extent, it was as though we were holding a 18th birthday party, only at a more "grown up" location. But still, it was nice catching up with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home