Sunday, June 27, 2010

Starting anew

This blog has been quiet for a long time, not because I have totally abandoned it, but because in my period of change, I've had too many different emotions and thots to really put down on paper.

Three months in this new role, think I've tried and tested evey part of myself, it's a whole new learning exprience, now only in terms of technical skills, but I've got to learn so much about myself. About my ability to handle my fluctuating emotions, my strengths and weaknesses in terms of time management, discipline, attention to detail, and I guess, what my likes and dislikes are in terms of work are. On a very personal level, I think I have learnt to, with respect to my relationship with colleagues, friends, and family. Amazing that one little change in role in an existing organisation can have such an impact, but I guess when that role takes up 90% of my waking time, and invades my dreams, yes, it does.

Had a very rare two long nights out, one with MT weekend before, catching up and talking. Was supposed to be a belated birthday celebration (for the third year), and one with a colleague, P. As she said, am very surprised that at this late age, I have found someone whom I could pour my heart out to, to tell her and for her to tell me all about her private life and thoughts. Despite the language barrier (and it definitely IS a language barrier), we managed to find our similarities.

Whilst recounting my story to her, alot came to mind. Made me remember what friends are for, and what having a partner in life is like. Emotional pillar, someone to share my thoughts, someone who cares for you and the way that care is shown. We talked about past experiences with partners who wanted us to conform to their wishes, versus those who put our happiness in front. At this point of time, made me stop and reflect and reappreciate what I have. Am really thankful for those who in these three months have allowed me the time and space to come to terms with where I stand, and what I can do, and with their support, sometimes just letting me do things in the way that I can, and not adding grief, I think I really have grown in this period.

Sometimes fate brings two people together, but in order to bring it further along, more is needed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home