Sunday, March 04, 2012

Determination

in my case, is often saying "No" to myself. No to procrastination, no to bad time management, no to alcohol and that other vice, no to chocolates and coffee and fatty foods (especially when I am trying to look good for that special someone).

When I was young, my parents were that "No" factor for me. The list of things that I could not do was so long it's hilarious. Invariably (and I would like to think because it's an unrealistic list), I think I broke everyone of them growing up (except for the one about gambling). Being alot older now, I've tried to pick up my own "no"s from my own experiences.

Not that many - so I guess I've been trying to keep to them. You know how we always group things with "must have", "nice to have", "good to have"? Well, I guess my list is "cannot do", "can try not to do". Haha... over time, alot of things have progressed from the "cannot do" to the "can try not to do" page, but I actually thought I've learnt how to control myself a little better. Until the last few months, and especially this weekend. There's just this one promise that I made to myself, but I feel painfully close to breaking it. Tsk Tsk. Left not right. Therefore the need for determination.

Everyone has bad days right? Hopefully this is mine. Never have I been so thankful for a Monday, I need the distraction of work. But first, I need to get through the counting of sheep through the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home